Thursday 6 June 2013

Adjustments to to timber model 

Timber Posts Connectors 



After researching different types of posts bracket I found a suitable bracket to tie together the ground floor posts and beams.  

Post Footings 



I decided to make the concrete posts footings cylindrical instead of a cube  This is a far more efficient technique for post footings as a cylindrical pipe can be slid into the hole as form work.

Formwork  




I then finished off the form-work for all the footings so that the concrete can be set in the ground with reinforcing. 
The formwork was different for every trench that the concrete needed to get poured into. Formwork was brought up higher than pour level so that there is no over-flow. 

Ant-cap & Concrete 




The Concrete for the cylindrical pipes, strip footings was then modeled as well as ant-caps for all the footings with anchors set in them. 

Fireplace as an engaged pier





The fireplace footing came into contact with one of the post footings. I resolved this by using fireplace as an engaged pier to support the beam for ground level floor. I was then able to remove the timber post from the grid. 

Fitting other models to base   


My Ground level and terrain model 

Matt's Stud work model 

It was then up to me to make sure Matt's Stud work model correctly aligned to my base with the ground floor, posts, joists and beams. After a few adjustments by moving in beams and posts it was perfect. I made sure that the terrain was not cut out until this process was done as when i moved posts in,  so did the concrete footings and reinforcing. One i was happy with the alignment i cut into the final terrain model. 

Excavated Terrain 






I then needed to make changes to the terrain as I decided that post footing would be drilled out with a cylindrical shape left behind.I also added footings for the brick wall supports on the far right of the house as well as towards the back of the house. It was important that this was the last step as any changes to beams and posts affected where the posts holes would be drilled out.     

Front Veranda and Stairs


The Veranda 


I spent most of my time fixing the Veranda so that it was supported properly. In each of the zoomed images i have shown a specific detail that I have come up with. As you can I have used the brick wall supports to hold beams into place which support joists. Posts are also arranged with anchors into the ground and brackets to ground floor beams.  

Adjustments to to concrete model 

No comments:

Post a Comment